In order to succeed as an Amazon seller, you need to be doing some sort of product research. Measuring demand, and competition in a niche and finding items that will actually make you money is critical if you want to build a profitable business.
Luckily, there are a number of tools available that can help Amazon sellers do just that. These products help you easily find items that meet your criteria and give you a wide range of data so you can make an informed decision about what you should sell.
One of the leaders in Amazon product research tools is Jungle Scout alternative – AMZScout. Their Web App and Pro Extension have become extremely popular amongst sellers. But just how well do they work?
Luckily for you, we have made and extensive AMZScout review which will cover both of their tools and provide you with all the information you need to decide whether AMZscout is right for you.
AMZScout Web App Features
The AMZScout Web App is a product search tool just like Jungle Scout or Helium 10 that lets you easily find items that meet your criteria. It provides you with a number of filters to allow you to quickly narrow down your search and focus on products that meet your specific parameters. It also offers a number of additional features that will aid you in your product research.
Here are the best tools (features) offered by the Web App:
44 Advanced Search Filters
Choose from 44 different filters to help you find products that fall within your requirements, including sales, reviews, size, weight, category, and more. This helps you quickly weed out all the products that won’t work for your business so you can focus on the ones you’re most interested in.
Get Keywords for Your Products (Keyword Explorer)
Are you wondering what keywords you should target in your product listing and Amazon ads campaigns? Simply enter your product’s ASIN number into the Web App to instantly generate a list of relevant keywords. You can also search for keywords based on search volume to find the ones that will bring you the most traffic. Keyword explorer is one of the best product research tools AMZScout has in its arsenal.
Track Historical Data
Use the Web App’s Product Tracker tool to track an item’s historical data. This will help you uncover important trends in a product’s sales and pricing so you can determine whether or not it’s worth selling.
AMZScout Pro Extension Features
In this AMZScout review section we will introduce you to the AMZScout Pro Extension which is a powerful product research tool that can help you discover a wealth of data on any item or niche currently being sold on Amazon. After you’ve installed the extension, go to Amazon.com and start searching for products and keywords. Once your search results appear, you can open the tool to uncover a wide array of information on both the products and the niche as a whole.
AMZScout Pro Chrome extension is a great Jungle Scout alternative and even with small similarities, they are totally different tools and in this section we will show you our favorite features of AMZScout.
Here are the best tools (features) offered by the Pro Extension:
Gain Access to a Wide Range of Product Data
The moment you open up the Pro Extension you’ll have access to information on sales, rank, reviews, and more for all the products from your search results. You can also get data for the entire niche.
Niche and Product Scores
Want to know whether a niche or a product is worth pursuing? The Pro Extension offers scores out of 10 for both niches and products to instantly tell you whether they’ll be profitable. They also break down the level of profit, demand, and competition to further inform your decision.
Review Historical Trends (Product History)
You can review historical trends for both the niche you’re looking at, as well as individual products. See how sales, rank, and prices have fluctuated over the last year to find out if a niche or item is a consistent winner.
Use the profit calculator to learn exactly how profitable a specific item will be to sell. The Pro Extension takes into account the average sale price, along with your expected expenses, to give you an accurate prediction of profitability.
The pricing for the AMZScout Web App and Pro Extension is as follows:
AMZScout Web App
- Free Trial: Lasts one week
- Basic Plan: $29.99 per month for the monthly plan, and $14.99 per month for the annual plan
- Start Plan: $39.99 per month for the monthly plan, and $19.99 per month for the annual plan
- Business Plan: $59.99 per month for the monthly plan, and $29.99 per month for the annual plan
The Basic Plan allows you to add 20 products to the Product Tracker, the Start Plan allows you to add 40 products, and the Business Plan allows you to add 80 products.
AMZScout Chrome Extension
- Free Trial: Includes 15 uses
- Monthly Subscription: $44.99 per month
- Lifetime Subscription: $199
AMZScout Customer Reviews
It wouldn’t be an in-depth AMZScout review if we didn’t look up how other people review their tools.
Overall, AMZScout has garnered a lot of positive reviews, with 83% of their reviews on Trustpilot being “excellent.” Most reviewers cite the accuracy of their tools and their awesome customer service as reasons for being so satisfied.
Here are some reviews from around the web from people who have used AMZScout’s tools:
We highly suggest AMZScout as an Jungle Scout alternative but in this particular part of the AMZScout review we compared AMZScout vs Jungle Scout and in a conclusion – Jungle Scout has 7x more reviews which are just as positive as AMZScout.
AMZScout Pros and Cons
If you’re still wondering whether AMZScout is right for you and your Amazon business, here are the key pros and cons to using their software. Consider this information when you’re deciding what product research tool will work for you.
- Extremely Accurate Estimates: Amazon doesn’t provide sales data on items they sell, so any sales information you get from a product research tool will be an estimate. AMZScout seems to have it dialed in though, as their estimates consistently line up with what sellers see once they start selling a product.
- A Large Number of Tutorials, Guides, and Videos for Beginners: If you’re new to AMZScout, or selling on Amazon in general, you’re in luck. The company has loads of information on their website that can help you use their software and grow a successful Amazon business.
- Everything You Need for Product Research (Product Database & Keyword Explorer): From sales and price data to historical trends and profitability calculations, AMZScout gives Amazon sellers everything they need to find profitable products.
- Product Tracker: Analyze and keep up with the product inventory and trends using AMZScout product tracker.
- Affordable Prices and Free Trials: AMZScout’s tools are very competitively priced compared to other similar products that are available. Plus they also offer free trials for both the Web App and the Pro Extension so you can try them out before committing to a subscription.
- Large Product Database: Get data and insights on any product currently being sold on Amazon.
- Free Trial Could be Longer: The free trial for the Web App is only a week, and the Pro Extension can be used for free only 15 times. Both of these trials are relatively short, but they should still give you enough time to decide whether you want to keep using them.
- Missing Features for Product Launch: One thing AMZScout is lacking is tools to help you launch new products on Amazon. However, assuming you choose the right items to sell your products should catch on with sellers fairly quickly.
- Video Tutorials are Mainly for Beginners: While AMZScout offers a lot of information on how to use their tools and find products to sell, it’s mainly targeted to beginners. However, the company is currently working on expanding their tutorials to include information for more advanced users, so this should be resolved soon.
AMZScout vs Jungle Scout – Quick Overiew
- Pricing: AMZScout definitely beats its competitors when it comes to pricing. Basic package for AMZScout will cost you $19.99, when Jungle Scout pricing starts at $29 per month.
- Customer Reviews: They both are averaging fantastic 4.3 rate at Trustpilot, but the biggest difference is in customers quantity. In this section Jungle Scout is a clear winner because it has a lot more reviews and 81% of them are with positive feedback. And when we say a lot, we mean – more than 1,400. When for AMZScout it’s only 200+ reviews at the time we are writing this AMZScout review.
- Features: If we make AMZScout vs Jungle Scout feature comparison, we have to be completely honest – AMZScout totally lacks in the field of provided features. In all honestly, if you are experienced digital marketer – Jungle Scout will flood you with more data than you can imagine. On the other hand, AMZScout is a universal and newbie friendly tool that can help you to kickstart your online business.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
1. How Much Does AMZScout Cost?
AMZScout Review Conclusion
AMZScout’s product database and research tools are certainly popular amongst Amazon sellers, and it’s easy to see why. They’re easy to use and provide all the information you need in order to find products that will make you money. Consider taking advantage of free trial of this amazing Jungle Scout alternative to help you grow your business online.
Did you like reading our AMZScout review? Don’t be shy and leave a comment below!
Leave a Reply