Finding an agency that you can trust and you know will deliver results is never easy.
In 99% of the cases, most of the marketing agencies that promise to deliver results – won’t live up to client’s expectations.
That’s just the reality.
So, this is the story about how we did 2 things:
1. First – Ranked on the 1st place on Google client’s focus keyword beating pages like Bitcoin.com, Binance.com, buybitcoinworldwide.com, cex.io, coinmama.com, and many other pages that are way more authoritative than our client’s site
The thing is, that was a very competitive keyword and definitely not an easy thing to do – 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐲𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐲 is 𝟕𝟐 (according to Ahrefs), monthly search volume 25,000, and it’s a “buy” intent keyword:
2. Second – We tripled the site’s traffic. It went from 15,400 to 48,600 – that’s a 315% increase:
Up till now we have managed to surpass expectations of every single client we have worked with.
In fact, we are getting used to hear our clients tell us – “great job guys” over & over again.
Hence, in this post:
- I will show how we made sure we know exactly what our client wants us to deliver
- How we reached the milestones that we set together with the client
- And bonus – how we over-over delivered
Note: due to confidentiality agreement some of the details about the client cannot be disclosed.
So, how did we deliver what we promised?
Personalize the offering
Let’s start from the beginning – before we do anything, we understand what our client’s want to achieve.
That’s also where the most agencies fail…
Because let’s face it – it ain’t easy to deliver what you have promised.
So, how do we Market our clients Real Good?
Each and every time:
And time and time again (#HumbleBrag):
Before we start a new collaboration we acquire understanding on what we have to do for this partnership to be considered a success.
When you understand what client wants (and you confirm that) – only then it’s possible to produce what’s expected of you.
This sounds obvious but most of the agencies sell standardized packages that can’t help a single business.
And this is the main difference that sets our service apart from others.
How to understand Client’s expectations
We have never started a partnership without knowing what the client is expecting us to deliver.
And this is possible only with a proper sales process in place.
On average it takes 2-3 months for us to acquire a new client but it’s necessary to ensure client satisfaction.
So, here’s our process to ensure we understand what needs to be done.
- First meeting: our goal is to understand our client’s business – we try to understand what they want to achieve during the next 6 months (whether it is realistic and achievable), who their ideal buyer persona is, and how much they earn from one client (customer lifetime value).
Sometimes, we cannot help the business.
And we are honest about that!
In the case of our client, their goal was clear:
- They wanted to double their website’s traffic
- And rank one of their page for a specific keyword on the first page of Google
After conducting our research – we understood that the goals were realistic and achievable.
So, we proceeded to the second phase:
- Second meeting: When we see that we can help a company achieve their goals and help them make more money – we start the planning. For the second meeting we prepare the draft of the proposal that aims to achieve their goals.
It’s really important for us to make sure we can achieve our clients’ goals.
–> There’s no secret. The only way to help the client to achieve their goals is by acquiring a lot of experience and by doing extensive research.
Once we are sure we can help, we proceed to the next step.
–>That’s not a secret, we charge a premium.
So, it’s important for us that we make money for our clients.
Here, the math is simple ==> we need to make sure our proposal not only achieves our client’s goal but also our service is profitable to their business (profit minus our monthly fee = more money).
If the answer is yes, we prepare a proposal of the things and tasks we’ll do month-over-month to hit the targets we set in the first step.
And then we discuss this during the second meeting to make sure it is in line with what the client has in mind and then we proceed by making a super detailed plan:
- Third meeting: here we present what we’ll do each day and week-over-week to achieve the client’s targets.
The strategy is so detailed that most of the agencies charge several thousand USD for this:
- We created a plan for the next 6 months
- Made a Ghant Chart with all the activities for each weak
- And added forecasts of expected increase in traffic and keyword positions for each month
All this can be done only because we have 10+ years in experience in content creation and SEO.
We believe this to be the most important phase to ensure that the goals are reached – that’s why it’s crucial for us to make sure that the tasks are aligned with the client’s expectations.
In the case of our client – that’s exactly what happened.
We created the proposal, our client was really happy about it, and we started the work.
How to reach Client’s goals
As I stated above – the goals were ambitious.
Our client wanted 2 things and only 2 things:
- To double website’s organic traffic
- And rank on 1st page on Google for specific keywords
We did the research.
And we knew this will be really really hard to do.
Because the whole blockchain space is very competative.
Doubling Site’s Traffic
Long story short – we made a very detailed plan and did it!
Thanks to our research and the plan – we achieved the goal.
In fact, we over-delivered.
The goal was to double the site’s traffic we 3x (trippled) it.
Pretty cool, huh?
You are probably thinking – the traffic probably was growing already before!!!
Nop, that was not the case.
We took over our client’s SEO on March, 2019.
And before that – organic traffic wasn’t growing almost at all.
If you compare the before and after images, you can see that the increase is quite noticeable.
What’s even more impressive – the increase in revenue.
Their transaction amount grew even more.
Here you can see how the number of conversions from the total amount of site’s traffic compares to conversion from organic traffic.
In this case, the total number of Conversions and Conversion Value grew by 10% and 13% respectively.
**Note: This is the growth of conversions from the overall site’s traffic.
And here’s the amazing part.
The Conversions from Organic traffic simply rocketed 🚀
In the same period, Conversions from organic search grew by 27% and Conversion Value by stunning 43%.
That’s 2x and 4x increase 🤑
*For obvious reasons, we had blur out some numbers 😉
So, clearly – we hit the first goal.
But what about the second?
Reaching The 1st Place on Google for a Specific Keyword
To increase rankings for specific keywords…
…that’s never easy.
Especially if the keywords have high competition, and this was not an exception:
As you probably know by now – we have mastered the skill of delivering results.
But the problem is, there’s no magic sauce to share – it’s all about hard work and using what we learn along the way.
And here’s how we do it:
- Create a detailed plan
- Analyze the data
- Improve the plan
And on it goes.
That’s actually the “secret” behind reaching even the most ambitious targets.
Long story short, their most important keyword grew from the middle of the second page all the way up to position 1:
On top of that, you can see it’s a “buy” intent keyword, which means it has a very high Conversion Rate.
So, in the end we reached both of the targets.
How? We focused only on things that deliver results.
As a result, we increased the position for specific keyword quite significantly.
As of this point, we have worked with the client for more than 15 months and we have gone through 2 significant growth cycles, and few technical issues with the page. Along the way SEO strategy has been adjusted and at this point, the page is growing faster than ever before:
Obviously, the client was really happy about the work we did.
So, what’s our secret and how do we over-over deliver?
How to over-over deliver
Actually, this is something I shouldn’t explain.
It’s really really simple.
Don’t be an as*hole.
That’s actually all it takes.
- Do more than you promised
- You promised – results. So, do what it takes to deliver results
- When you need to create more content or deliver better results – just do it
- What’s also important – set boundaries. There will be times when client will ask to deliver more than you promised, sometimes you will need to deliver what’s necessary to grow without extra charge, and sometimes that, of course, will cost extra.
In short, do more than the client expects.
In the long run, it always pays off 😉
So, now you know how we set goals together with our clients, how we achieve the results and how we over-over deliver on what we promised.
In a nutshell, you plan, execute, analyze the data and focus on what works the best.
That’s actually, all it takes.
So, I hope this helps to see that we are the best in the business to achieve YOUR targets.
And you know you are in good hands if you choose to trust us your company’s growth.
So, what’s next?
Let’s see if we can help to achieve your company’s targets.
Leave a Reply