Making some money on the side isn’t as complicated as it might seem. If you are willing to put some effort into something you love instead of idling around, you will quickly realize there are quite some profits to be made.
In this article, we will go through some foolproof methods on how to make an extra 100 a week online that will help you round up your check at the end of the month.
Let’s get started.
What’s Needed To Make An Extra 100 A Week Online
To begin working from home, you will need some essential tools. And the two must-haves are a working laptop and a decent internet connection.
Depending on your needs and the ways you plan on how to make 100 dollars a week online in 2021, there are different options you will want to consider when choosing a laptop.
Pick a laptop
Here are a few different setups that we handpicked for your convenience:
The Asus VivoBook S15 is not only an excellent value for the price but an excellent laptop all around. We found lots to love about this sleek, affordable notebook for everyday users.
Considered as a entry-level gaming laptop, the L340 is a prime choice for aspiring content creators.
Top-notch hardware, the only downside being no integrated webcam. However, if you plan on using that cam for online lessons, you would be better off with a dedicated camera anyway.
Pick A Router
Check out this shortlist of the best routers on the market in 2021:
An inexpensive router that will get the job done. It’s stable and fast, but its range is limited, so look elsewhere if you have a big house.
The Archer is a good choice for anyone wanting to maximize their wireless connection at home.
So now that we have the essentials out of the way, let’s explore some other proven methods on how to make $100 a week online.
How To Make $100 Dollars A Week From Home
Now that you are equipped with your online money-making tools, it’s time to explore how to make 100 dollars a week online. We have selected a few good methods, but keep in mind that these aren’t get-rich-quick schemes.
After all, earning money requires some commitment and if you want to make 100 a week from home, you will have to put in the work.
1. Make an E-Commerce Website
You’ve got an idea of a great product that might sell like hotcakes? Or maybe you want to start a dropshipping business, reselling goods from AliExpress?
Well, if that’s the case, this section is the right place to start.
How to get started
Here’s a step-by-step guide of what you need to do to start your own e-commerce business.
- 1st step – Build an e-commerce store
Wix – This will be the best option for anyone looking to make a great-looking website. Plus, at $17/month, it’s the cheapest offering on the market. It’s an excellent starting point on how to make an extra $100 a week online.
- 2nd step – Decide on what you want to sell
- Do some market research
- Pick an industry with below-average competition.
- Find products that are trending at the moment (for example face masks, work from home gadgets, gaming gear)
- Read up on some online lessons on how to become a successful e-commerce businessman. Check out this great course on dropshipping ($12.99) and this free course on creating an e-commerce website with Wix.
- 3rd step – Start selling
- Join forums and start advertising your brand and products on social media like Instagram, Tik Tok, Reddit, Facebook Groups, etc.
- Once you start making money, you can begin a more targeted ad campaign through Goggle and Facebook Ads.
How to make $100 running an e-commerce store
Here’s the quick math on how to proceed:
- To get to that sweet spot of $100 a week, consider your costs first. You are selling a product which costs you $15 to make or buy. If you sell it for $25 you would be making $10 profit on each item, meaning that you need to sell 10 of them to get to your $100 target.
- If you are dropshipping, consider raising the price accordingly, so you have a realistic number of items to sell before you reach your target.
The pricing will always differ, depending on the type of product you are selling. So you if you are wondering how to make an extra $100 a week online, you should always adjust your math according to your expenses.
2. Sell online courses for money
Do you have a special skill that seems to go to waste? Something you are an expert in and could teach others how to do it?
Well, look no further, because online courses might be right up your alley.
How to Get Started
- 1st Step – Get all the necessary equipment
- Microphone – FIFINE Microphone (Price: $59) аn affordable mic with excellent sound quality.
- Webcam – you can use the built-in laptop webcam. If looking for an upgrade, the Logitech C920 ($149) is a good choice.
- Lights – get smartphone ring light (Price: $14) that you can also attach to your PC
- 2nd Step – Build a website that caters to online course sellers
- Clickfunnels – one of the best options on the market. You will be able to create your own website with a member’s area where your courses will be shared with paying customers. Starts at $97/month.
How to make $100 a week selling online courses?
The best way to price an online course is by using 2 pricing options:
- One-time price – usually ranging from $99 to $1000, depending on the field of expertise.
- Or split the payment into 3 to 6 payments but this would mean that the course will cost 20-50% more.
This means that if you are teaching people to trade on forex for $100 a month, you only need to sell 4 courses to reach your weekly target. Sounds pretty good.
3. Sell T-Shirts on Etsy, Amazon or Ebay
Got some photoshop skills and design ideas for t-shirts? Well, look no further! This is a great way on how to make an extra $100 a week online.
How to get started
- 1st Step – Create your design. Use your photoshop or Illustrator skills to create a compelling design for your T-Shirt. Here are some lessons to get you started with those designer programs. Photoshop ($12.99) and Illustrator ($12.99).
- 2nd Step – Create your T-Shirt on Printful. If you wish you can extend your designs to other types of merchandise, like hats, dresses, or cotton bags.
- 3rd Step – Create your Etsy, Amazon, and eBay shops and post your products. Start advertising them on social media.
- 4th Step – Order your designed T-shirts and dropship directly to your customers.
How to make $100 in a week selling T-Shirts online
The math is quite simple here. Photoshop and Illustrator will set you back about $30/month. That’s around $8/week.
- Consider the median price of a T-shirt on Printful is about $12
- Let’s say you sell your designer shirts at $25 apiece. That means you will have to sell at least 10 shirts a week to reach your $100 profit.
These were probably some of the best strategies from making 100 dollars a week from home. So, dig in and see what works for you.
Side Income Ideas to Make $100 Online
If selling isn’t your cup of tea, there are other ways to make an extra 100 a week. In this section, we will go through three different ideas on using your language proficiency to start earning online.
4. Teach English online and get paid
If you are the kind that can share their knowledge of the English language with ease, stick around for this section, as we will share some tips on how to get paid for it.
- 1st Step – Join a website that specializes in teaching English.
- Premier Tefl – this reputed website hires freelancers to teach English around the world or online. Check out the detailed guide here.
- Online English Teacher – Great teaching website that constantly hires new online teachers.
- 2nd Step – To teach online successfully, you’ll need a secure Internet connection, a Zoom, or a Skype account.
- 3rd Step – Get a TESOL/TEFL certificate (about $300). While not mandatory, it is often required to be able to participate in the better-paying courses.
The advantage here is that the platforms will find students for you, instead of having to advertise yourself on social media.
How to make $100 a week teaching English online
These courses start at about $15/hour and can go up to $20/hour for one-on-one classes. Your salary will be directly transferred to your account, it’s that simple!
So having that in mind, you will have to only give between 5 and 10 hours of classes a week to reach your $100 target.
5. Get paid to write about anything
Writing content is one of the most popular methods on how to make an extra $100 a week online.
How to get started
- 1st Step – Join a freelancing platform where copywriters are needed. We recommend Freelancer. Create a profile, look for jobs that suit you, and start making money.
- 2nd Step – Use Grammarly. When writing, anyone can make a mistake. Luckily, Grammarly is there to save you. You can either install a desktop version or a google chrome extension that will monitor and proofread all your written content on the fly.
How to make $100 a week writing quality content
Freelance writers can make a lot of money, especially if they are good. Quality and SEO content is an important part of any marketing campaign.
The industry average is between $0.05 and $0.15 per word.
Let’s say you get $0.05 per word. This means that you will have to write 2000 words (around 7 pages) to reach your weekly target of $100. A page per day. Pretty doable isn’t it?
6. Do proofreading jobs from home
Software correctors can’t do all the work, and that’s why proofreaders are still needed. If you are good at grammar and have a good eye at finding mistakes, proofreading is a solid option for making money online.
Hot to get started
- 1st Step – join a proofreading platform like Scribendi. They constantly hire freelancers for proofreading purposes as long as you have a degree in a relevant field and proficient at editing.
- 2nd Step – Same as with writing content, there’s nothing wrong with using Grammarly to help you out single out some errors. Just remember that you need to carefully pass through the content yourself, even though it doesn’t show any errors.
How to Make $100 per week proofreading content
Proofreading jobs pay a bit less per word than original writing gigs, but they are much quicker to complete.
On Scribendi, the payout can range between $0.02 and $0.04 per word. So, to reach your $100/week, you will need to proofread around 5000 words at the lowest price. That’s around 17 pages of text, so 2.5 pages to proofread per day.
Easy Ways to Earn $100 on The Side From Home
In the case that your writing isn’t that good (not everyone’s is) there are still some good options out there on how to make an extra $100 a week online. Let’s go through a few of them.
7. Transcribe audio to text for money
There’s nothing simpler than transcribing audio content. Just listen to the words and put them on paper!
How to Get Started
- 1st Step – Get a set of noise-canceling quality headphones. The COWIN E7 ($59) are comfortable and affordable.
- 2nd Step – Join a transcription platform
How to Make $100 per week transcribing audio
Scribie pays between $0.5 and $2 for six minutes of transcribed content. To reach your $100 per week, you will need to transcribe 20 hours of audio at the lowest price or 5 hours at the highest price.
8. Sell Your Pictures Online
If you are a hobbyist photographer and like taking great pictures, this section is for you.
How to get started
Open accounts on different photo selling services
- Getty Images – is a supplier of stock images with an archive of over 200 million assets.
- Shutterstock – is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed images. Content creators contribute their work to Shutterstock, where end-users buy and use it in a diverse array of creative personal and business projects.
- Alarmy – another great stock photo provider.
- Deposit Photos – Similar to Shutterstock, it sells images for much cheaper.
Different stock photo sites have different terms and conditions and pricings. Make sure you check them in detail before picking out the one that suits you best.
How to make $100 a week selling your photographs
Pitcures on these websites can sell from $5 up to more than $50. This means that if you are having a great week, you can easily reach your $100 goal in a few sales.
The more pictures you have on sale, the better your chances are.
A good strategy is to look for similar pictures to yours and set the price 15% lower than your competition.
Hopefully these srategies for making money online from home gave you inspiration to try new things.
Follow our guide and don’t be afraid to try new things – trust me, it will pay off eventually 😉
On top of that, more not always is better, but here are 40 other methods. Let your inspiration fly wild and explore and try new things until you will eventually suceed.
How to make $100 in a week fast
If online is not your preferred way on how to get 100 dollars in a week, you might ant to look into some alternatives.
9. How to make $100 on Airbnb
Airbnb is an online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their homes with people who are looking for accommodations in that locale. It helps people monetize their property by facilitating the whole process.
Any home-owner can become a host and make some money by renting out their real estate to travelers around the world.
Airbnb makes it easy to upload pictures of your property, communicate with potential customers and highlight what’s great about the location
So if you have a spare room, apartment, or country house, this is an excellent option on how to earn 100 dollars a week.
10. How to make $100 driving for Uber
Uber allows anyone that has a car to become a driver and get paid for it. You get notifications from people in need of a ride in your vicinity. Then, you can accept or refuse the gig.
If you own a vehicle, have spare time on your hands, and prefer to remain on your own schedule, Uber is a great option.
And for those that can’t drive a car or don’t like dealing with passengers, they can sign up Uber Eats and deliver food instead.
11. How to make $100 with Postmates and similar businesses
If you are asking yourself how can I make an extra $100 a week, Postmates might be a good choice.
They are the largest, on-demand delivery and pickup platform. With Postmates you will deliver groceries, food, drinks, medication etc. With people staying at home during the pandemic, you are sure to experience very few downtimes between deliveries.
And if you do have idle moments, you can sign up for similar businesses to fill up your schedule:
As you can see, there are lots of ways on how to make an extra $100 a week online. You just need to keep in mind that, like any job, they require some commitment and effort. Still, it’s better than just watching TV and browsing the internet.
Hopefully, this list has been able to show you some good options that will suit your lifestyle and interests. So, get out there and start earning!
And if you want to step up your game, here are 9 ways how you can make $50 a day.
Best of luck 😉
Leave a Reply